Here is a recipe for some amazing breakfast sausage. I have only made this with venison, but I would bet any lean wild game meat would work just as well.
Time: 15 min • Prep Time: 10 min • Cook Time: 5 min
Serving Size: approx 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more if you like it hot)
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground venison or other wild game meat of your liking
1. In a small, bowl, combine the sage, salt, ground black pepper, marjoram, brown sugar, crushed red pepper and cloves. Mix well.
2. Place the meat in a large bowl and add the mixed spices to it.
3. Mix well with your hands and form into patties.
4. Saute the patties in a large skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes per side, or until internal pork temperature reaches 160 degrees F (73 degrees C).
I like to make this up the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight. This allows the dried spices to be absorbed into the meat, it also allows me to mix it a few times to ensure the spices are distributed as evenly as possible, but you don't have to.
Be the first to rate and review this recipe!
Disclaimer on Recipes:
Mt. Lookout Media / ProHuntersJournal.com has not tested all of these recipes and is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from our website. You may not achieve the results desired due to variations in ingredients, cooking temperatures, cooking times, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking abilities. Please always use your best judgment when cooking with raw ingredients such as eggs, wild game, chicken or fish.