Here is a delicious home made jerky recipe that has some great flavor and a little zing as well.
Time: 8 hrs • Prep Time: 15 min • Cook Time: 8 hrs
Serving Size: approx 10 servings
- 5 lbs Venison (or cut of your choice, just ensure you trim the fat)
- 2 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 3 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. In a large, bowl, combine all the ingredients, and Mix well.
2. Place the Venison strips into the marinade and let soak overnight in the fridge.
3. The next day, drain the venison, and pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess liquid.
4. Place the strips of meat in your dehydrator and let them go, depending on your dehydrator, it could take 6 hours or longer.
5. Once they are done let them cool to room temp before putting them in an air tight container and enjoy!
Be prepared for this not to last long around the house.... It is amazing!!
Be the first to rate and review this recipe!
Disclaimer on Recipes:
Mt. Lookout Media / ProHuntersJournal.com has not tested all of these recipes and is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from our website. You may not achieve the results desired due to variations in ingredients, cooking temperatures, cooking times, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking abilities. Please always use your best judgment when cooking with raw ingredients such as eggs, wild game, chicken or fish.